Domain Privacy Protection and Domain Lock Settings are both highly recommended features to have it enable on your domain registration.
Domain Privacy Protection prevents the contact information on your domain registration from being displayed publicly in Whois domain lookups. This helps to prevent things like domain hijacking/theft and spammers/telemarketers from obtaining your contact information. You can purchase this feature which is available with the following TLDs: .com, .net, .me, .org, .info, .biz. Domain Privacy Protection costs only an additional $4.95 annually!
To Turn on Domain Privacy Protection:
1. Log into your account and go to Domain Dashboard.
2. Select the domain that you wish to turn on.
3. Find "Add Privacy Protection" and click on it.
4. It will prompt you to an Order page for the payment.
5. Click Submit if you wish to purchase it.
Domain Lock is a safety feature that prevents your domain name registration from being transferred to a different registrar without you first logging in and unlocking it. This feature is turn on by default if your domain is registered through us.